Sunday, June 19, 2011

Dad

Dinner for my 22nd birthday  
Top 5 
'Things I admire most about my Dad' 

I get my sense of humor from him.
I mean we are hilarious. When we get together just the two of us for a lunch and some window shopping my cheeks are always sore from the laughing. When you throw my brother in the mix it things only get better. I don't really think anyone else thinks we are as funny as we truly are... but to each their own.

Rooftop Hotel Oregon Mcminnimans
June 2011
He knows everything.
I have learned so many life lessons as well as useless, though very interesting things from Dad. He knows what everything is used for, and how it is made He has some straight forward yet mind provoking views on relationships (and has listened to probably more than he has ever wanted to from this girl)

Dad and Jeremy
June 2011

He loves his Mom.
My Grandma was diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year and to keep her in her hometown and comfortable my Dad makes the trek to make sure she is alright. Sometimes he only has one day off, so he will go directly from work and stay the whole day with her making the two hour drive home late at night before a 6am wake up call. He fills her fridge, takes her out on the town, and cleans her house like any good son would do.

He cares.
Oh gosh does this man care. Not necessarily about everything... like the poor little puppies, or my point in his need to adopt one...but his family. Our family is very blended, and as I look to my half brothers as brothers my Dad looks at them like sons. He has treated my half brother Jeremy, my Mothers ex-husband's son, as if he was there since his birth. Starting my own blended family has shown me how difficult this could be.

His faith in me.
Dinner November 2010
I have taken my Dad through the ringer. Not that I got in a lot of trouble or anything, just that he worried, yet still trusted my decisions growing up. I know he might regret the way my first 18 years went but I feel it has made me ahead of the game in some areas of life. Going through big changes he was there to take me to dinner, living alone on a shoestring budget made this extra amazing. I after a 12 hour shift at work opened the door to my brand new apartment staged with his old furniture, including the sought after couch. He had filled up a u haul and gave me everything I needed!! 

I could go on and on about my Dad. I hope that I can find someone as amazing to my children as he was to all (four!) of us, or hold on to the one that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment